Protection of Intellectual Property
fast and efficient communication
attention to detail
clear and transparent methods
strategic approach in dealing with different issues
- our main guiding principles are justice and the rule of law
we take the problems of our clients to heart
+380 (44) 235 04 44
Briefly about the service
Clients frequently contact our company for protection of intellectual property. We have helped not only numerous Ukrainian clients, but also foreign ones. Our attorneys are real specialists in their field because they:
– have experience of working with projects and regulatory documents in English;
– provide high-quality legal support in processing contractual relations;
– are trusted by Ukrainian and foreign companies.
We are flexible and attentive to details so we notice all what others can overlook.
What help do we offer?
1. We will register TM, models, copyrights, and other intellectual property.
2. We will appeal against the refusal of registration of your TM and other objects.
3. We will resolve domain disputes according to UDRP and URS proceedings.
4. We will do franchise market research and give recommendations about it.
5. We will help you with protection against counterfeit and lookalike products.
6. We will develop license contracts and other documents on the transfer/assignment of rights.
7. We will register your trade mark and other objects in the customs register.
We will show you the character and teach you how to protect your rights. Epravo is on guard of your heritage.
Our services include:
– Advising on registration of objects of intellectual property;
– Legal support for the trademarks registration, inventions registration, registration of utility models and industrial designs;
– Advising on the license agreements, franchise agreements, transfer of rights agreements, etc;
– Representation in courts to protect intellectual property rights;
– Advising on the use and protection of copyright and related rights.
Why should you select Epravo for your legal needs?
We specialize in several niche fields in the law in our firm.
We keep up to date on progress and are ready to discuss the issues at any time.
We keep up to a strict deontological code of social and human principles.
We are active in initiatives like Stop Bullying, Parking Heroes or Lawyers for the Environment because we do not tolerate injustice in any form and give back to the community.
We have a large base of happy clients and references that we can share to prove our excellent work.
We have our finger on the pulse of current trends and technologies, and know how to use them for the benefit of our clients.
More about the service
Intellectual property has a significant impact on the development of our society. Clients constantly contact Epravo with requests to protect their intellectual property rights. The scope of these requests varies from advice on registration to the full registration process and implies careful consideration of the industry and market specifics.
Why is it so important to protect yourself and conduct registration according to the laws of Ukraine? Objects of intellectual property, as well as any other types of property need protection from unauthorized intrusion.
This is why this issue is one of the most common among the legal problems in Ukraine.
Our lawyers will help you to register your copyrights on the results of your intellectual work and our lawyers will protect them in case of infringement.
Intellectual property rights: their protection and peculiarities
According to Ukrainian legislation, intellectual property objects are divided into three categories.
1. Objects of copyright and related rights (mobile applications, IT-programs, songs, dances, acting, artwork, poetry and prose, musical soundtracks). These categories are most often pirated.
Piracy is copyright infringement on the Internet. It includes illegally copying, distributing, modifying, or selling these items. Often the infringers are not only the perpetrators, but also ordinary people who browse or download content. These actions take a toll on the creative industry. Creators not only lose huge amounts of money for their work, but also the incentive to create it.
2. Scientific and technical activities (activities that are under trade secret, inventions, models, designs in the form of industrial designs, new unique varieties of plants, images of integrated circuits). These types of IP are often used without attribution.
3. Commercial designations (trademarks, commercial names and names). Unfair competition is widespread in this sphere and is used mainly for enrichment and capturing a part of the market.
There are jurisdictional and non-jurisdictional ways of protection of intellectual rights.
1. The peculiarity of the jurisdictional method is that the subject appeals for help to the special authorities which regulate the issues of intellectual property in our country. The judicial way is the most common and reliable in these matters.
2. A non-jurisdictional method means that a right holder or an author independently performs a number of actions aimed at protection of these objects. In this case, it is possible to do without recourse to state authorities.
There is a whole list of international treaties which regulate the issues of intellectual property. Among them, the TRIPS agreement plays a special role. Back in 1994, the World Trade Organization adopted standards in the field of intellectual property protection and thereby greatly simplified international trade. The TRIPS agreement describes all these standards. Additionally, it is worth noting the paragraph on compensation to the right holder and the suspension of import-export of goods in case of violation. All countries that are members of the World Trade Organization as well as those who wish to join it in the future must adhere to these standards.
How can you protect yourself from getting into trouble?
1. Register your intellectual property rights legally and timely.
2. Get a patent for the subject matter.
3. Think in advance of other methods which will help to protect yourself.
4. Take into account the specifics of your company and define a protection strategy. This is necessary in order to identify infringers at an early stage and to efficiently fight them.
How can we help you in the field of intellectual property law?
1. We register objects of IP.
TM, industrial designs, utility models, copyrights and other IP objects.
2. Appealing against the refusal to register.
We appeal against the decisions to refuse the registration of trademarks and other intellectual property objects.
3. We resolve domain disputes.
We will solve domain disputes according to UDRP and URS proceedings.
4. Franchising market research.
We conduct a legal analysis of the franchise business model, give recommendations, and develop contracts.
5. We counteract counterfeit.
We counteract counterfeiting and counterfeit products, both at the border and in the market.
6. We prepare license contracts.
We support negotiations and elaboration of license agreements and other documents about the transfer/assignment of rights.
7. We will register in the customs register.
Registration of TM and other IP objects in the customs register.
Advantages of our lawyers in this matter:
– diverse practical experience in registration of IP objects in Ukraine and abroad;
– high-quality legal support for the registration of contractual relations in the field of IP in Ukraine and abroad;
– experience with the projects and normative documents in English. We are trusted by Ukrainian and foreign companies.